Friday, August 12, 2005

Called to teach...

Whew! After a long time, I am here again, writing...err...typing… my thoughts. I have long been wanting to jot down my feelings and experiences in my new career, but I didn't have the chance because of my very busy schedule.

But anyway..here's what I have to say...

***

I would like to believe I am called to teach...

One of my co-teachers told me that probably, this is my calling. Despite the tiredness and exhaustion brought about by my new job, I can still honestly and truthfully say that I am truly enjoying my work as a teacher.

Yesterday, we just had our field trip and I was tasked to take care of 42 rowdy students...ALONE. I was anxious at first, but sticking to my motto...GOD WILL NOT GIVE ME ANYTHING WHICH I CANNOT HANDLE...

True enough, I survived the day safe and sound. Despite the hard rain and bad weather, I still enjoyed my moment with my so-called "mga anak". I feel so responsible and able when I'm with them. Being with my "mga anak" made me realize that I can and I am able to do a lot of things.

I know that I still have a lot to improve on, and that I am just at the onset of my journey to the path which God, I believe, has prepared for me. There is still a lot of room for improvement and there are a thousand more opportunities for me to perfect my craft. I still need to be stronger, more courageous and more patient... I know that in due time, I will be the person that God wants me to be, not perfect, but worthy in His eyes.

1 comment:

Wanderer Lady said...

my dearest bes, i am so happy to read your entry. may God continue to bless you and make you grow in His chosen career for you. miss you...