Friday, July 04, 2008

A Proposal Extraordinaire


There was no kneeling in front of me…He didn’t pop the question, “Will you marry me?” nor I cried while saying “Yes, I will marry you…”

None of these happened. Instead, everything was so extraordinarily simple, yet unforgettable.

He sent me up to the entrance of the airport. Then he brought out a small black box from his pocket, opened it, and put on my finger, a ring. All that he was able to say was, “Babalikan mo ako ha…” while I managed to say “Oo naman…”

Then I left, crying. He texted me afterwards and said, “Marry me when you get back.”

Tears flooded down my face. I was actually crying already even before that, for it was my day of departure for the US. I cried even more because I am leaving him, indefinitely.

It may have happened not over a candlelight dinner, with musicians playing romantic music…not the usual marriage proposals that we usually see in movies. But I may say that, there couldn’t have been a more perfect moment and a more memorable place than where it all transpired.

I will surely marry him when I get back…and live together, a life extraordinaire.

No comments: