Thursday, November 12, 2009

What I'd Do for Love

Wait...fall in...fall out of...look for...

We do all these for love. I…have done all these for love.

Isn't it tiring? I say it’s not. No matter how painful the last heartbreak is, we still continuously yearn for love. And honestly, I do. Who doesn't? I guess only those who already found it.

The last one I had, which was my first heartbreak too, was both easy and hard for me to handle. The distance in between and the time that has passed somehow made everything easier for me to come to grips with, but difficult, because of the questions that are left, and will remain unanswered.

No, I am not afraid to fall in love the second time around. I still haven't lost heart, coz if I do, I don't think I would still listen to hopeless romantic love songs, nor would I get twitterpated when I watch Pinoy teleseryes. I, in fact, miss the feeling of being in love. Whenever I see couples around, I would sometimes feel the need for someone to have and to hold. And how I long for a family of my own whenever I see what delight my nephew brings to everyone.

No, I don't feel desperate or hopeless yet (sa ganda kong 'to?!.....KIDDING!!!!) It's just probably one of those days when you're 28, and single, that you feel the clock ticking. It also doesn't help when friends and acquaintances get married or give birth left and right. Then again, this doesn't bother me a lot. As I said, it's just one of those days. I usually get through this state of "craziness", as my friend calls it, in a day or two.

I still want to do a lot of things in my life, like go back to school to finish my master's degree, put up my own school, buy my own house, and continue helping the family. The list could go on and on and on...but I should slow down, stop, and think once in a while; otherwise, I might let the opportunity for love pass without even noticing it because I was too busy achieving my goals.

Right now, I'm waiting, and at the same time looking for the right one. I waited 23 years before I finally opened my heart to someone for the first time. I guess it wouldn't hurt if I wait again, not for another 23 years (oh please!), but a little…well actually, a lot shorter, I pray! :j

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was looking for a long lost friend with the same name as you and I chanced upon this blog site thinking that you were her. Disappointed that she was not you, but at the same time intrigued by your write ups, I started reading and I was able to relate to this blog of yours. Same as you, at my age, I am still single and somehow I felt the hurts you experienced in getting over a broken heart for I have the same stories of love lost. You are a gifted writer and I think you can continue to provide inspiration not only to your friends but also to complete strangers who just happened to see and read your blogs. Keep it up and I wish that I could write as beautiful as you. God bless! :)

jAmiLaH said...

Thank you so much for the kind words and for finding inspiration thru my writings.:) Godbless you too! Keep the faith and He will bless u abundantly. :) feel free to visit my page anytime. enjoy reading! :)

Nadine said...

Thanks Ma'am! I was inspired to also create my own blog site with the intention of also providing some inspiration to anyone who will get the chance to read my blogs! Although, I may not be able to write as beautiful and profound as you. Still, I will and I do hope that you also get a chance to visit my site! More power to you as you pursue your dreams and may the Lord continue to bless you and your family! Again, thank you for taking the time to read and respond to the comment of a complete stranger. This may come as a shock coming from a complete stranger, but your blogs are blessings to those whose lives are change because of your optimistic views as reflected in your writings! Always be a blessing, Ma'am!

jAmiLaH said...

hi nadine! thank u..my heart swells with pride and joy when friends and acquaintances follow my blog entries..and i am more than thrilled when complete strangers find inspiration in them. always remember that whatever we write, as long as it comes from the heart, it will surely be a blessing and inspiration to others. let me know of ur blog link. i would love to read ur writings too. :j Godbless! ;j - jam

Nadine said...

Hi Jam! :) Thank you so much! I have successfully written my first blog and I hope you enjoyed reading it too! Just visit my site.. www.foreverdreamer1980@blogspot.com

God bless!

Nadine said...

I am at a crossroads, and I find myself reading your blog... And I want to ask you, if it is okay with you, how did you get over your broken heart? We were already getting married, then life threw a punch at me. Everything fell apart. Until now, I still am trying to move on. Thanks! God bless you! Your blogs help a lot! Thanks for generously sharing it even to strangers like me.

jAmiLaH said...

hi nadine!
i am so sorry for this long overdue response to your question. ive been really busy wd work and studies. as for ur question, the only thing i can tell u is to pray.. coz it really works.He puts the desires in our hearts and whenever there is something that He thinks is not good for us, He also gives us the strength to make it through.after everything that happened to me, i did wonder how easily i moved on. and now i know, it was because i (and my friends too..)really prayed for it and that He has better plans for me. i always cling to that promise. :) have complete faith and trust in Him!be blessed!;j

Nadine said...

thanks Ms. Jam! I am doing better now. You were right. I just have to surrender everything to God and place my complete faith and trust in Him. I used to be scared of being single especially when I see my friends with families of their own already.. But not anymore.. Because I am surrounded by family and friends..

Really from the bottom of my heart, I would like to say thank you... God answers all our prayers, and strange as it may sound, you were His answer to mine.. Angel comes in unexpected ways and you are! Just when I am about to lose my faith in live and life, I came across your site! And I am grateful...

Continue inspiring people! And I really wish and pray your success in all your endeavors and that one day, I get to read about you finding that true love...

jAmiLaH said...

you're very much welcome. my pleasure too to be able to inspire and uplift you in any way. thanks also for reading! Godbless.:)

Nadine said...

God bless you too! Things become difficult to get over when I have set my mind and my heart that the two of us were meant to be. But, life goes on... Eventually, the pain goes away and moving on becomes easier with prayers and with a lot of help from unexpected sources! Thanks!