Wednesday, January 11, 2012

I’ll Brag This Time

While changing her pull-ups, 3-year old Sofia suddenly exclaimed in her unintelligible speech, “Mish Jam, ich ameyshing!” What’s amazing? I asked. Once again she said, “Ich ameyshing!” then ran back to the classroom. I just smiled and followed her. Maybe it’s just one of those new words that she just heard again. She just loves repeating whatever she hears.

But Sofia’s right. She just described this day for me. It is truly amazing. Everything that happened today is amazing. Most of all, God is. The way He answers my prayers is just unbelievable.

My executive directress has asked me yesterday to meet with her after work today at the other site. For whatever reason, I didn’t know. But I thought to myself, this is it. I am going to submit the letter that I finished writing just the previous day…a letter of request for a pay raise. I have been contemplating for a while now whether I should ask for it or not. I think that I deserve it, and I felt the need to demand for it since they tend to forget things at times. The somehow gutless that I am, I printed out the letter and told myself that I need to do it today. I have been praying for the right time to do it and I was just presented a perfect opportunity to talk to my directress. On my way to work this morning, I actually prayed to God that hopefully, I will be given a salary increase today, (for some reasons I assumed that’s the agenda of the meeting) and if not, I asked God instead to give me the courage to submit my letter, and discuss it with her in a Christ-like way.

Long story short, to my amazement, I was given a pay raise today! It’s not that much, but hey…an increase is an increase. Big or small, I am thankful for blessings! I didn’t have to submit the letter to my directress. I didn’t have to say a word. I didn’t even have to sell myself and prove to her why I deserve a raise. My Father did all the talking. Talk about having the best spokesperson in the entire world!

Why did I write about this? Simply because I want to brag. No, not about my salary (because believe me, it is definitely not a lot). But I just want to brag about how good the Lord has been to me. I just want to share this good news to everyone! He does answer prayers. Fast. Really. He may not answer it at times exactly the way we want things to turn out, but He always gives what’s best for us. We just have to trust Him.

I don’t have material riches that I can brag about. There are still things that I want to have and dreams that are yet to come true. But I have been and continuously blessed, and I know there’s more to come. I feel it. I claim it! And this is all because of my Father who is so good… and I am just deeply proud of Him. Are you?



“Count the little miracles you receive daily, and proclaim it! You may just help change someone’s life.” - Nova Arias (Didache)

No comments: