Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Worrywart...Worry Not!


It always happens. I worry too much about something and the problem is resolved without any effort. I don't do anything but the problem goes away just like that. And up to now, it still amazes me whenever this happens.

As most people know, I am such a worrier. I fret about almost anything. Just last Saturday, I almost didn't want to drive anymore while in the middle of a highway because I was so stressed out that we seemed like to be just driving and driving, not knowing where to go and my sister was already late for her exam. She was like, "stop it! I'm not even worried. Just drive. " That's just me. I hate being late. There are times I'd worry about the littlest things because I want everything to be the way I want them to. I even have a hard time delegating tasks and I'd rather do things myself because people have disappointed me in the past.

Yesterday, I messed up the Internet connection at work and it almost didn't make me sleep. To my surprise, everything was fine in the morning. Just like that. My assistant told me, "Ms.Jam, why do you have to be stressed out? All you gotta do is call a technician from the internet provider company and they don't even charge you for that." Yeah, I know. But still, I couldn't help but worry.

Then again, worrying doesn't do anything... Not a thing! It just stresses me out and consumes all my energy. When will I ever get that? Actually, I know that already. But I don't know why I still get anxious a lot. Well, I'm already trying not to! I can actually say that I worry less now, for real!

Thank goodness Someone up there does not give up on me. He just let's me be. When I worry, He's the only one I run to. I probably make Him feel special when I call Him for help. I am the type who won't burden other people with my own problems. People actually think that I am so strong that I can do anything. Little do they know that this warrior is a child. It just so happened that my Ultimate Saviour can conquer anything and everything. I call to Him for help for everything. I pray for a parking space...for sunshine...for a green light when I am running late. I pray for finances...for strength...for guidance and wisdom...literally for everything, even the impossible things. I always do, because, it's tried and tested...He answers. He does it without delay. When I call for help, there's never a weak signal...no busy tones...no network problems. He's available, 24/7. And when it isn't the proper time yet, He even blesses me with bonus patience for me to make it through the waiting time.  Who could ever beat that!

With a working visa to renew and an expensive lawyer's fee to pay, the fall semester to enroll to, and tons of other plans for the coming months that require finances, (which I don't have much), sure, I have every reason to worry. But I have more reasons not to, simply because I have a very wealthy, not to mention generous Father, who provides whatever I want and whatever I need, all according to His will.

Truly, we all have a bigger God...bigger than anything we try to overcome. So tonight, as I go to sleep...I'll turn over all my worries to Him. He'll be up all night anyway!:-j




"Don't keep worrying about having something to eat or drink. Only people who don't know God are always worrying about such things. Your Father knows what you need. "(LUKE 12:29, 30 CEV)

No comments: