Friday, July 03, 2009

All Geared Up

It’s amazing how God works in mysterious but truly wonderful and beautiful ways. In life, we just have to entrust our life to Him and He will take charge of everything.­

No matter how strong, smart intelligent or capable we think we are, there will come a time that we will feel weak, unable and hopeless. Just recently, I felt I hit rock bottom. I found the strength and the willpower to rise above everything when I realized I just have to surrender everything to God. I do have faith in Him; but because of what I have already achieved in life and what I have become through the years, I sort of have that pride which prevents me from completely admitting that I do have weaknesses and that I may fail still in this journey called life. This seemed to be hard for me especially when people around me expect too much from me. I have created this wall that no one can see through me. All they see is the strong and able me.­

Being where I am right now brought me into the biggest realization I ever had. I felt depressed, stressed and almost a failure. I almost gave up my dreams and decided to just go back to the life I had before. It’s not that it’s dreadful or that unpleasant. It’s just harder than where I am right now, and going back to that, I feel, would make me give up some of what I think are far-fetched, but achievable dreams of mine. And should I decide to still pursue them would be quite a long and laborious journey.

The storm has passed, and I am just taking the drizzly weather in stride. I know that storms do come and go, but I know I can endure whatever it is that the seasons in my life would bring, especially when I am assured that God is there to provide me with a proper and complete gear all the time – may it be an umbrella on a rainy and stormy day, a thick jacket during the cold weather, or even boots to take the hard walk on snow during the winter season. Because through it all, God wants us, His children, to enjoy the beauty of the flowers and the trees that bloom in springtime, and the warmth and laughter that the sunshine brings in summer time.

1 comment:

Boots said...

aww.
naiyak ako.
yes, God is there.
God is good.
He is in control.